Pro Tips & Tricks
- ALWAYS test your paint on a small piece before commiting to painting your whole project. Paint formulas change so offten it is hard to keep up with the latest data and the best way is to test out a sample before hand. Make sure the paint dries to the hardness you expect and the gloss level you expect.
- Paint your crown before you install it. Once the molding is installed, you can go back and touch up areas. This is much easier than spending hours on a ladder brushing paint on the molding after it has been installed.
- Make your last piece on the wall just a little long, so it "snaps" into place forcing the molding tight together.
- ALWAYS use glue between joints. This prevents joints from opening up as the house walls expand and contract over time.
- When two pieces of molding are being joined together in a run (end to end) leave the last two feet of the open end of the installed molding loose so you can have some alignment room when you join the next piece.
Need More Help?
Let us know what we can help you with. We've been doing this for quite a long time and we'd love to help you in any way we can.
Our friendly staff members are happy to help you through the purchasing and installation experience.
Call us toll-free:
1 (877) 550-0600
Store Hours Monday - Friday
Email is an awesome way to communicate. You can send us pictures to help describe what you need help with. We love it because it gives us the opportunity to make sure we get you the help you
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually respond within 1 business day unless you have a really complicated question. Then we pass your email around to make sure we give you the best solution.